How to help right now
- Black Lives Matter – find local resources, current chapters and ways to help or donate.
- BLMHT – This Linktr.ee is compiling different ways to help immediately from both inside and outside the USA, bail/mutual aid funds, protest safety tips, educational videos, email templates etc, etc, etc. There is a ton of useful resources here, please make sure to keep checking back, and explore the content
- QueerBLM – a linktr.ee with places to donate to help black LGBTQ+ individuals
- Police Brutality Center – This organization provides resources and help for families that are affected by excessive or unnecessary force by law enforcement. Check out their advocacy site.
- NYC BMAI Apply Pressure Virtual Action Toolkit – here are some resources and ways to apply pressure to your local government to change.
- Threader – Additional ways to play your part when you don’t have the funds to donate
- Guide to Allyship – an updating, open source guide. Right now it has the basics of what an ally truly is, what and what not to do, how to handle mistakes and more
- A huge document compiling Anti-Racism resources for white people young and old
- Black Visions Collective
The 2017-founded Black Visions Collective focuses mainly on expanding Black influence in the Twin Cities metro area and Minnesota, they are also heavily involved in delivering Black Lives Matter protest’s mobilization and action plans. You can keep up with them on Instagram, where the group is currently promoting a petition to defund the Minneapolis Police, or donate to collective in general through this page shared on its website.
I will be updating this as often as I can, and will be organizing it in the future. While a lot of the resources are American, I am working on getting more global info
- 10 steps to non-optical allyship and where to donate now and later by @mireillecharper
- 400+ black owned etsy shops
- a twitter thread with of anti-rascism reading broken into sections, along with a list of black-owned bookstores to get them from and a google doc just chock full of businesses, anti-rascism resources for children, movies, books etc. The author, Victoria Alexander, MEd, is encouraging people to share it
- Michelle Silverthorne has written down some questions to ask yourself, do you have answers for the first question “Name three Black journalists you read or three Black websites you follow.” ?
- How to support the Black Lives Matter movement
- A twitter thread with information and resources on prison abolition, the author, MJ, has her cashapp in thread so u can tip for her work
- A list bail funds/ legal help by city, another great thread by Pearl Low
- A list of petitions to sign to help immigrants in ICE detention centres
Support the arts!
- Black magical girl content creators
- How to support black figure skaters
- A wip list of black cosplayers as well business and podcasts by Ebby
- Black fronted heavy metal bands 🤘
- A thread of trans and nonbinary artists centring poc artists
- 1300 games worth around$7000 for a $5 donation that will be split between NAACP Education fund and the Community Bail fund
Mental health resources
- A twitter thread of mental health resources from Pearl Low (@Fumi_chun), an artist on Hair Love and Craig of the Creek.
- Therapy Resources for People of Color / Queer Folx
You must be logged in to post a comment.